What do/did you love most about your childhood home?

Clay- I first grew up in the home in Crescent. I was 5-6 years old.  We had a huge hay field behind our house, in the middle of nowhere.  There were train tracks behind the house a few blocks away.  We would play on the tracks and in the ditches and do whatever we wanted.
When we moved to Highland we had all the trees, barns, garages and we would play in all of them.  I always lived in houses where there was space everywhere.  You could go explore and it wasn't crowded- back to back houses.
Andrew- I like that it is in the cul de sac and you can ride bikes around and play in the road and fly those remote control cars and airplanes.  I like that it was by all my friends, within biking distance.  I liked the deserts that we used to have that we could go and build forts in.
Lindsey- I liked that we had the trees on the side yard that I could climb and I could be in my pretend world.  Cameron and I named the trees; my trees were Clarissa and Thomas. I would take books up there, I read some Indian book when I was around 10 and I would pretend to be an Indian.  I would pretend that the ornamental cherries were food and I would mash them up.  I would run and get the kitchen stuff in the old playhouse and run out away from the bees and go back to the trees to mash the berries.  I loved that the cul de sac was good for biking.  Brett and I used to ride bikes from here to the church when I was in 4th grade.  He would help me finish my jobs so we could go play.
Sadie- I liked having the trees to climb.  I felt very accomplished when I could finally climb the trees.  I loved having a back yard with a garden with dirt to dig up, even though we had a sandbox that we never used because the garden dirt was better.  I really liked sleeping on the trampoline when I was younger.  I like having my own room.
Genene- I love that we lived in a neighborhood with a lot of kids my age. There were always kids to play with, and my neighbor had an awesome trampoline and playhouse they'd let us play on. I loved that behind our house was open fields; I would go and wander the fields. We had a big yard; when I was little it felt bigger than it actually was. I loved that our house was in the middle of the street - it was halfway to either of your friends' houses, no matter which direction you went. We would play night games in our backyard, wiffle ball, and a lot of the time in the summer, we'd sleep outside under the stars. It was really dark where we lived. We always had kitties that would sleep with us in our sleeping bags. The cats would live in the garage and roam around.
Cameron - I loved playing in front of the house. Whether we were playing basketball in the driveway, kicking soccer balls against the garage, or trying to punt a spiral with Dad, we could always do something outside. I have good memories of playing catch with Grandma Pam in the side yard and racing electric four wheelers with Eric. I also love the trees in our side yard. You can climb the highest in the third one back.

Comments