Growing up, what was your least favorite chore and why?

- Grandma Pam: I actually like to work, so this is a hard question. I just wanted to get my jobs done quickly so I could go play. I'd get done fast with my jobs, but my sister wouldn't be done and my mother wouldn't let her play, so I'd help her until her jobs were done so we could both play. In the end, I'd have done both of our jobs. When we were camping, my siblings would make fun of me because I'd be out "sweeping the dirt" so it would look nice.
- Genene: I HATED DOING DISHES! There were so many every single day. End of story.
- Clay: Milking the cow at night, mostly because it meant I had to do something and I was inherently lazy, like everyone else. It wasn't hard, but I had to do it every single night. The cow never took a day off. I usually milked the cow at 9 or 10 o'clock when it was supposed to be milked at 6. It made the cow very unhappy.
- Andrew: Sweeping the stairs and entry; just kidding that is the easiest job in the world.  Picking up dog poop before I mowed because I didn't care if I just ran over it so most of the time I didn't pick it up. 
-Sadie:  I don't like washing the dishes and I don't like cleaning the bathroom.  Those two jobs I just do not like. 
-Shelby: I hate cleaning the bathroom because it is nasty.  
-Lindsey: I hated taking the rocks out of the landscape.  It felt like that job was never done, EVER.  Whatever I did there was always more rocks.  I hated that I had to crouch over all the time and pick up those dang rocks.  And the rocks were heavy.  I am sure that I would sit there and mutter to myself about child labor laws. 
-Cameron: I was never a huge fan of taking out the recycling. You always have to make two trips because there are three bins. You can try to make it in one trip but there is always a milk jug or pizza box that falls off the top. Then you have to walk all the way back to where it fell off, walk to the curb again, and then walk back inside (hard, I know). If you got lucky, Dad had already got fed up with the cereal boxes not being broken down and had done it himself. If not, you just had to jam everything into the top bin and hope that it stayed in. Taking the garbage cans to the curb is better because you can do it all in one trip. 

Comments